ATEC’s i4Ward capability reduces the strain on cellular networks due to data transfer by providing automatic-intelligent call forwarding.
Statistics Reveal that 80% of the Cellular Network Traffic is Generated Indoor
i4ward can divert a major portion of indoor voice traffic and free up the wireless network to the increasing demand of data usage, saving network operators millions of dollars in network capacity upgrades. The savings will be directly proportional to the number of users utilizing the application, which will dramatically increase when network operators offer the application packaged with new devices introduced to the market place.
What is i4Ward?
In recognizing the industry trend, ATEC developed the i4ward application that resides on the user device, which automatically transfers cellular network calls to a landline network telephone when a mobile device is in close proximity to a desired landline phone.
The question is how to identify the proximity of the landline phone in order to start forwarding incoming calls. Thanks to the patented innovative idea of identifying the location of the landline phone by pairing it with an existing wireless source such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or an RF ID, which makes it possible for a mobile phone to recognize a home or an office location when detecting such wireless source.
When the mobile device senses a particular wireless source associated with the landline phone, the i4Ward application notifies the cellular network to forward all incoming calls intended for the mobile device to the paired landline phone. The result is a significant reduction in the amount of voice traffic that is communicated in the cellular network
Users simply configure the i4Ward application on their mobile device to have all calls intended for the mobile device to be directed to either a home or office telephone when the mobile device is within range of a specific wireless source. When the user enters the home or office with their mobile device and the device detects the wireless network, all calls intended for the mobile device are directed to the users home or office telephone. As long as the mobile device remains in the zone of the wireless source, all voice calls will be directed to the telephone connected to the landline. Once the mobile device is removed from the wireless source, users will receive calls on their mobile device in accordance with normal operating conditions.
The process of reducing the load on the cellular network begins when subscribers downloads and configures the i4Ward application onto their mobile device. The user can configure the call forwarding application on the mobile device by associating the wireless source with a telephone number of the landline to which the calls intended for the mobile device are to be forwarded. The user may also configure the mobile device for multiple wireless sources and telephone numbers. Many additional parameters can be programmed by the user such as time of the day and days of the week when the application should be enabled.
Benefits to Network Operator:
• Service providers can automatically transfer calls from a cellular network to a landline network saving the air time straining the valuable spectrum
• Service providers can reduce cellular network traffic but maintain billable airtime rates
• Service providers are able to minimize the cost of cellular network investments.
• Overcome low coverage spots
Benefits to Subscribers Include:
• Save battery life for outdoor use
• Better call quality when received on landline phones
• Subscribers can automatically receive all incoming mobile calls on a home or office landline device conveniently while receiving all calls at one number
• Save the hassle of looking for the cell phone when at home
• Improve call quality in low coverage areas
• Multiple family members can all receive their calls at home phone
• No additional cost associated with forwarding